For lovers of history and archeology, there is a wealth of medieval and Roman history to be found in the immediate surrounds of Split.
What Pompeii is to modern-day Naples, Salona is to Split. Just six kilometers from Split lie the remains of a famous Roman city Salona, once the capital of the province and one of the largest cities in the Roman Empire.
From ancient Salona, you will proceed to Klis, which is home to an imposing medieval fortress, perched high on a hilltop. This fortress became castle to many Croatian kings and is also very famous as one of the filming locations of the Game of Thrones series.
09:00 – Suggested
1.5 hour guided tour of Salona – 1 hour guided tour of Klis fortress
• Meet your guide and start your drive to Trogir
• Private Tour of Trogir – 90 minutes guided tour
• 30 minutes drive to Salona
• Private Tour of Salona – 90 minutes guided tour
• 15 minutes drive to Klis fortress
• Private Tour of Klis – 60 minutes guided tour
• Free time to enjoy the view and to take photos
• Return to Split
• Confirmation will be received shortly after booking
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date
• Tour available in English