Nourish yourself with the rich diversity of flavors, smells, and colors that provide a feast for your senses and take your dining experience to the next level.
Traditional local delicacy Dalmatian Peka is an excellent way to experience the very best this region has to offer and not to be missed when in Split. Traditional Peka is made from veal or octopus meat with potatoes and vegetables spiced with aromatic herbs. It is prepared in a closed lid pot which is put into the cinder of a fireplace where it slowly cooks for 2 hours combining all the tasty flavors together. The meat becomes so tender and juicy that you will wish to eat it every day. An authentic local product to experience and taste the best Dalmatia has to offer.
Dalmatian cuisine is a typical Mediterranean cuisine and represents a flawless blend of the past and modern times. Simple and widely available ingredients are masterly combined into a healthy, filling and utterly delicious dishes, and this is probably one of the reasons Mediterranean diet being so widely recognized.
April – October, every day at 13:00, 15:00, 17:00 or 19:00
When visiting Split and planning to eat like a local, there is a list of must-try traditional Dalmatian foods, but if there is something that shouldn’t be missed, that would definitely be to taste Dalmatian peka. If the idea of enjoying a true Dalmatian delicacy while dining at the 1700 yrs old Diocletian Palace sounds tempting enough, then head to a traditional Dalmatian restaurant located in the city center and taste a true gastronomic delight. Not only does Diocletian’s Wine House boasts top-notch service and high-quality food, but it also represents one of the best restaurants in Split when it comes to delivering a local dining experience and serving traditional Dalmatian food, all carefully prepared and inspired by Mediterranean recipes.
• Please, take note that Peka meal requires at least 2 hours to be prepared, therefore it needs to be booked in advance
• Peka is aromatized with Mediterranean spices and vegetables so please specify all your allergies in order to avoid food reactions
• Please let us know during your booking which peka option would you like us to prepare for you: veal or octopus
• In case you don’t state your meal preference at least 2,5 hours before, you will be served peka by default
• Confirmation will be received shortly after booking
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Wheelchair accessible – please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
• For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance
Great meat dish
I really like meat and grill… but this was even better. I really like peka, under the iron bell as they told me, not only that it is interesting but tasty as well, I recommend anyone to try it who is visiting Split, not only is it authentic Croatian food, but also you don’t have to be afraid to experiment since there are no strange spices or anything… jut delicious food.
Peka is best of Dalmatia
If you book it in advace (3 hours min), save your apetite because peka is worth it. Octopus of meet with potatos and vegies are picant in Dalmatian way because of herb they use. Amasing. Wine is natural choice after that. Beautiful.